Ian Hardcastle will join the GCC Team and head up the Gulfcrewing H&S Dept – Event Safety Management Middle East (ESMME). Ian has just completed 3 years in Saudi Arabia as the King Abdullah Sports City Event/Crowd Safety Manager.
Ian was responsible for the complete spectrum of Spectator Safety for the KASC 60,000 all seater stadium and the 10,000 seater indoor arena. In three seasons he has managed 125 games and co-ordinated the safe entry and exit of over 3.5 million spectators.
His responsibilities included Event Control Room Commander and the full scope of all emergency response planning, training and documentation.
Prior to King Abdullah Sports City Ian was a Deputy Venue Manager in the Olympic Park for the London 2012 Games. After completing a full career in the British Royal Navy, Ian worked at Manchester United involved in match day operations, team security and close protection duties.
Ian has been involved in many larger events including Glastonbury, and in 2013 he graduated from Buckingham New University with a First class Honors in Crowd Safety Management.
- BA (Hons) Crowd Safety Management (First Class) Buckinghamshire New University (2013)
- Foundation Degree (Arts) Crowd Safety Management (Distinction) Buckinghamshire New University (2011)
- Preparing to Teach in the Life Long Learning Sector (PTLLS) Level 4
- SIA Close Protection
- SIA Door Supervisor
- NVQ Level 4 in Management/Counselling & Guidance
- NVQ Level 3 in Advice & Guidance
- IOSH Managing Safely
- First Aid at Work
- EMP Medic First Aid inc CPR
- NEBS Supervisory Management
- Manual Handling Skills
- Saudi Aramco Safety Systems Management